[ESIP-all] IT&I Rant and Rave: Cloud Computing

Matthew Austin matthew.austin at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 6 08:42:12 EDT 2012

All,

This month's IT&I Rant and Rave is tomorrow 3:00pm EDT.   See the details below.

Cloud Computing Rant and Rave
Cloud computing is all the rage.  However with experience comes a more
balanced view of this 'miracle' technology.  In this talk, ESIP Cloud
Computing co-chair Rick Martin of SAIC will present some raves—and a
few rants—about selected topics in Cloud Computing.  He plans to delve
into such diverse subjects as deployment models, cloud service
providers, vendor lock-in, and cloud brokerage.  Join us for this
discussion and questions to follow.

Information Technology and Interoperability Committee - Cloud w/Rick Martin
When: Thu, June 7, 3pm – 4pm EDT
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Attendee access code: 231 367 82 *

To start the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab 3. Select the IT&I meeting

Thanks,
Matt