[ESIP-all] AGU Session IN037: Open Technologies Facilitating Data Center Collaboration

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Jul 30 11:21:58 EDT 2012

Forwarded on behalf of Jessica Garron.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nettie Labelle-Hamer <nettie.labellehamer at alaska.edu>
Date: Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Subject: AGU session
To: Erin Robinson <erinrobinson at esipfed.org>, Jessica Garron <
jigarron at alaska.edu>

Erin,

Can you send this out on behalf of Jessica?  We'd really like to get the
participation of ESIP members.

thanks,
Nettie

Dear Colleagues and  Fellow Scientists,

The Alaska Satellite Facility (ASF) and the National Snow and Ice Data
Center (NSIDC) are pleased to be co-hosting a session at AGU exploring the
use of open source technologies to facilitate data synthesis.  We invite
researchers, developers and users of open source data sharing tools to
submit abstracts demonstrating how these technologies have benefited their
research goals and collaborative efforts. Below you will find the session
title and abstract for your consideration.

*
Session IN037: Open Technologies Facilitating Data Center Collaboration*

 *Session Abstract*: Science data centers share a mission: to make their
data available to as many users as possible. In this age of
cross-discipline data synthesis, access tools for acquiring and harmonizing
data from disparate sources become valuable, if not essential, for the
modern scientist. This session will highlight open source technologies used
to support this endeavor. We invite demonstrations and engaging
presentations of successful collaborative projects and pragmatic techniques
for developing rich data applications. Presenters may show live
demonstrations on self-provided computers. Internet connectivity is
expected; simulated demonstrations should be prepared as a backup in the
event of network problems

AGU abstract submission is open until *August 8, 2012*, the guidelines for
which can be found here:
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/scientific-program/abstract-submission-policies/

Additional session information can be found here: h
ttp://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/session-search/single/open-technologies-facilitating-data-center-collaboration/<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/session-search/single/open-technologies-facilitating-data-center-collaboration/>

We look forward to hearing how you are using these technologies, and to
exploring how future collaborations will benefit the scientific communities
we serve.

Best regards,
Jessica Garron
Dr. Nettie La Belle-Hamer
Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, ORI Director
ASF Director
903 Koyukuk Drive
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7320
phone: 907-474-6167