[ESIP-all] EarthCube Brokering Hack-a-Thon 2 Introduction Webinar

Steven F. Browdy steveb at omstech.com
Fri Aug 10 07:42:06 EDT 2012

Dear Hack-a-Thon Participant, EarthCube Brokering CA Member, ESIP
Members, and Others:

Welcome to the Hack-a-Thon 2 events from the EarthCube Brokering Concept
Award team.  If you participated in Hack-a-Thon 1, let me thank you
again.  Hack-a-Thon 2 will feature a different brokering solution, the
ESRI Geoportal.  This introductory webinar for Hack-a-Thon 2 will take
place next week.  We are holding it twice in order to accommodate more
participation.  The webinars will be held on Thursday, August 16 at
10:00 EDT (see the EarthCube event
<http://earthcube.ning.com/events/brokering-webinar-hack-a-thon-2-time-in-edt>
for details), and then again on Friday, August 17 at 15:00 EDT (see the
EarthCube event
<http://earthcube.ning.com/events/brokering-webinar-repeat-hack-a-thon-2-time-in-edt>
for details).  Please check your local time based on the EDT times given.

There is nothing in particular that you need to do to prepare for this
webinar.  We will introduce the progress that the Brokering team
has made since the Charrette 2 event in June, review the EarthCube goals
for brokering, do a demo of the ESRI Geoportal for brokering, and
discuss the plans for Hack-a-Thon 2.  The Hack-a-Thon itself will take
place on August 31 at 11:00 EDT (event details to be announced).  The
time between the webinar next week and the Hack-a-Thon will allow you to
make sure your services and client applications can interact with the
broker.  A member from the ESRI Geoportal team will be available to
assist in the event there are problems to resolve.

Material related to the ESRI Geoportal being used for Hack-a-Thon 2 can
be found on the Brokering EarthCube site on the Hack-a-Thon 2 page
<http://earthcube.ning.com/group/brokering/page/brokering-hack-a-thon-2>.
The WebEx details for this webinar will be sent to you early next week
when they are available.

Thanks again, and we look forward to a successful webinar and follow-up
Hack-a-Thon.

Steve

--
Steven F. Browdy, Ph.D.