[ESIP-all] Monday Update: ESIP Website RFPs | ESIP Commons Vision & Mission | Data Management Short Course Update

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Aug 27 10:11:42 EDT 2012

Good Morning!

Just a few things in the update today from Federation:

1. The Foundation has posted two RFPs for ESIP website development:
- ESIP Commons: Phase
II<https://docs.google.com/a/esipfed.org/document/d/1iZ2svxgQBeLYhbNPnkLxERvskh47iqN7PP8RP1fOLEA/edit>
- Multi-site integration<https://docs.google.com/a/esipfed.org/document/d/1TXPhrxZCZOUnwcx1O30a6JtYxCtEubsfEhVvQMJ7OtI/edit>

If you are interested, submit a proposal to me by Friday, Aug. 31.

2. The newly formed ESIP Commons Work Group is drafting a vision and
mission<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Commons_Steering_Committee_Workspace>for
the ESIP Commons. Would love to have the larger community take a look
and edit as necessary. Thanks in advance!

3. The Data Management Short
Course<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Data_Management_Short_Course>is
in the final stages of module development. All modules have been peer
reviewed and are now going through an editorial review. We expect the final
modules to be posted by the end of Sept. Here is a peak of what the
first finished
module <http://commons.esipfed.org/node/537> looks like. The team will have
an update call, this Thursday, 12 EDT. See the
calendar<http://esipfed.org/telecons>for call details.

*Around the Federation *
EarthCube Updates:
- The Governance team is in the last stages of developing a framework
document with set of governance functions and recommendations. They are posted
to the ning site<http://earthcube.ning.com/group/governance/forum/topics/updated-governance-framework-documents-for-editing>and
open to edit if you have input.
- The Brokering team is holding it's second hack-a-thon on the ESIP Testbed
ESRI Geoportal this Friday, 11-1 EDT. See the ning
site<http://earthcube.ning.com/group/brokering/page/brokering-hack-a-thon-2>for
details.

*Telecons:  <http://esipfed.org/telecons>*
Today - Cloud Computing
Tues- Semantic Web
Thurs-Data Management Short Course
Fri- ESIP Commons

Have a great week!

Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: