[ESIP-all] Tuesday Update: ESIP Committee and WG budgets | Open Source IT&I Rant/Rave | NEON in the news

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue Sep 4 07:59:25 EDT 2012

Hi All -

I hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend. Just a few updates to get
the week started -

A reminder that ESIP committees and workgroups are in the process of
developing budgets. Chairs of these groups are sending out announcements
about the budget process to their respective list-serv. If you have ideas
of things you'd like funded in the next year speak up now. Questions -
email Carol.

Chris Mattman, jPL is heading up a new Open Source cluster. The IT&I
Rant/Rave this week will be given by Chris, as a kick-off to the cluster. They
will have their first meeting on 2nd Wednesday of the month, 9/12, at 11am
PST/2 EDT. Join the
list-serve<http://lists.esipfed.org/mailman/listinfo/esip-opensource>
for
more details.

NEON in the Economist on shifting ecology toward big data. Thanks to Lee
Allison for passing this interesting note on, ESIP Member, NEON along!
http://www.economist.com/node/21560838

**

**

*Telecons this week:  <http://esipfed.org/telecons>*

Thurs - IT&I

If you have updates for next week send to me by Sunday evening.

Thanks!

Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: