[ESIP-all] ESIP Visioneers telecon on Monday

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 20:43:31 EDT 2012

I'll agree with Don's comments.  I get tired of being flogged
by adjectival, academic brooms.  Here's some suggestions:

1.  Choose a story you want to tell whose summary will fit
in a single text paragraph.

2.  Suppose you implement it in two ways: one with REST
and the other some other way.  Concisely describe the
differences between the two approaches. [one paragraph
for each - preferably with parallel attributes so an independent
observer could actually compare them in concrete terms]

3.  Describe the distinguishing attributes of the two approaches
- including empirical evidence (from an actual implementation
of each) showing how they differ and by how much.  If possible,
implement the approaches well enough so they could be run with
different size problems.

the performance (for a user) differs significantly.

5.  Summarize what you've learned.

Bruce B.