[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Winter Meeting Planning | IT&I Rant/Rave - RESTful Services, P. Cappelaere | ESIP Testbed Portal Migrates to Drupal 7

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Oct 1 10:13:19 EDT 2012

Hi All -

We are narrowing down on the 2013 ESIP Winter Meeting
theme<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Winter_2013_Meeting>and
appreciate that so many people have taken the time to provide input!
Visioneers will meet* today, 12 pm EDT t*o continue meeting planning.

This month's IT&I Rant/Rave is from Pat Cappelaere presenting: "You want to
move to RESTful Services?  Does it really matter?
OR should we rather start thinking in terms of Social Web Services? What
could this mean to the ESIP federation?" Here is a preview the slides:
http://www.slideshare.net/cappelaere/building-tomorrows-web-services

The ESIP Testbed Portal (http://testbed.esipfed.org/) developed by GMU has
migrated to Drupal 7. We would love your feedback. Send comments to me or
to Ken Keiser (keiserk at uah.edu).

*Around the Federation: *
[JobOpp] Visiting Assistant Professor, MS GIS Program
POSITION: Faculty, non-tenure-track position
DEPARTMENT: MS GIS Program, College of Arts and Sciences
APPOINTMENT: Visiting Assistant Professor
AVAILABLE:  January 2, 2013
POSTING DATE: September 21, 2012
APPLICATION DEADLINE:  October 31, 2012
More information here:
http://www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/14206.aspx
*Opportunities for Enhancing Diversity in the Geosciences (OEDG): Call for
Ideas*
Many of you may have seen the Dear Colleagues
Letter<http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2012/nsf12121/nsf12121.jsp?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click>that
was published two weeks ago on community input requested for changes
coming to the GEO education and diversity programs. If you have ideas, you
can submit them online <http://www.nsf.gov/geo/oedg/index.cfm>.
*
*
*AIAA Foundation Educator Achievement Award*
The nominations are open for the 2013 AIAA Foundation Educator Achievement
Award. Won't you help us spread the word and make sure that any deserving
teacher is nominated for this award. The deadline is October 31, 2012. More
information: https://www.aiaa.org/Secondary.aspx?id=13711

*Telecons this week:  <http://esipfed.org/telecons>*
Today - Visioneers
Thursday - IT&I

If you have contributions for next week's update please send them by Sunday
evening.

Best -

Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: