[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Sandy Resources | Maiden Nominations | Winter Meeting Session
erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Oct 29 11:40:21 EDT 2012
Hi All -
It is just drizzly/cold in Raleigh, but much of the East Coast is bracing
for Sandy. From an ESIP perspective, it is interesting to see (near)
real-time Earth science data combined with other information to help people
in the line of the storm make decisions. Here are a few things I've run
across this morning:
* Google Crisis Map <http://google.org/crisismap/sandy-2012> via Bruce
* Satellites' Perspective of
Sandy<http://storify.com/avoiland/hurricane-sandy>via NASA's Earth
* WeatherSpark Viz<http://weatherspark.com/#!dashboard;q=Washington%2C%20DC%2C%20USA>via
Jeff de La Beaujardiere/Ted Habermann
* Maps created by ESRI
Other mash-ups that you've seen? Other data that could be utilized? Are
there ways you see ESIP supporting disaster response?
*Martha Maiden Award Nominations <http://esipfed.org/martha-maiden-award>: *A
reminder that Maiden Award nominations are due *this Wednesday, Oct.
31.*All details can be found on the website:
http://esipfed.org/martha-maiden-award Questions? Email Carol Meyer,
carolbmeyer at esipfed.org
*ESIP Winter Meeting <http://esipfed.org/meetings>: *Visioneers will meet
next Monday, Nov. 5 with ESIP collaboration area chairs and others
interested in coordinating sessions with the meeting theme.
- The deadline for submitting sessions will be extended to next Friday,
- Looking for a meeting agenda? Check the sessions
far. A more formal agenda will be available mid-November.
- Early bird registration ends, Nov. 15. Here is the registration link:
*Telecons this week: <http://esipfed.org/telecons>*
* Tuesday - Semantic Web (Rescheduled from last week)
* Thursday - IT&I Rants/Raves with Reagan Moore on iRODS
* Friday - ESIP Commons Governance
If you have things for next week's update send to me by Sunday evening.
Have a good (safe!) week -
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all