[ESIP-all] 2013 Leptoukh Lecture

Narock, Thomas W. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] thomas.w.narock at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 7 13:42:16 EST 2013

Colleagues,

The Leptoukh Lecture is an American Geophysical Union (AGU) lecture named in honor of the late Dr. Greg Leptoukh, an AGU and ESIP member. The lecture was formed in 2012 by the Earth and Space Science Informatics Focus Group (ESSI) within AGU.

The goal of the lecture is to recognize research, educational, and other accomplishments in computation, instrumentation, and data handling that facilitate advances in the Earth and space sciences. This lecture aims to raise awareness of computational and data advances that enable breakthroughs in domain science, as well as recognize exceptional individuals who make continued contributions in informatics and data science.

We are currently accepting nominations for the 2013 Leptoukh Lecture. The nominating period is from now until April 1, 2013. More details on the nominating process can be found at: http://www.agu.org/focus_group/essi/lecture.php

An ESSI committee will review all nominations and select a winner sometime in May. The winner will be recognized by ESSI and AGU, as well as invited to give the 2013 Leptoukh Lecture at the Fall AGU meeting in San Francisco, CA, December, 2013.

We encourage you to visit the web site and begin nominating your colleagues.

The 2013 Leptoukh Lecture Committee,

 *   Cyndy Chandler
 *   Ruth Duerr
 *   Chris Lynnes