[ESIP-all] Open Publishing Funding Friday survey request

Bruce Caron bruce at tnms.org
Thu Jan 24 13:49:07 EST 2013

Dear ESIP Members,

As part of our Funding Friday Poster examining the future of publishing for
earth sciences and related disciplines we would like to solicit your input.
Our goal is to establish a baseline of your opinions on the current state
of scholarly communication for our field so as to highlight potential gaps
and improvements. The survey also includes the opportunity to comment on
the value of Twitter, blogging, and social networking and other online
outlets as these relate to publications.

The survey will take approximately 7-10 minutes and is at the following
http://bit.ly/eebpublishing
 <http://bit.ly/eebpublishing>
Please also forward this survey to your colleagues.

The results of this survey and the open publishing software service will be
available at the 2013 ESIP Summer meeting.

Feel free to email Bruce with any questions about this project.

Many Thanks!

Open Publishing Funding Friday project PIs

Bruce Caron, Earth Data Discovery Consortium ESIP [bruce at tnms.org]

Amber Budden, DataONE ESIP

--
Bruce Caron, PhD