[ESIP-all] RDA "Big Data Analytics" Working Group Kickoff Telecom
Dr. Rahul Ramachandran
rahul.ramachandran at uah.edu
Mon May 6 16:51:53 EDT 2013
Dear ESIP members:
Research Data Alliance is trying to create a Working Group focusing on "Big
Our kick-off telecom is scheduled to take place on Friday May 10
8:00-9:00AM US Central Time.
Tentative agenda for the telecom is as follows:
* Definition of "Big Data"
* Do we have a generally agreed upon definition of Big Data that also
holds for Science?
* Big Data Analytics Use Cases
* Please bring a use case (1/2 page max) to the discussion
* We will utilize these use cases to evaluate our methods
* Classification of Analytic Methods
* Morris Reidel will present his work that will serve as a starting
point for our discussions
If anyone is interested, please contact me for additional information. If
there is enough interest within ESIP, we can potentially create a joint
ESIP-RDA Working Group to discuss issues related to "Big Data Analytics".
Rahul Ramachandran Ph.D.
Deputy Editor | Earth Science Informatics [ESIN]
Principal Research Scientist III | Information Tech. and Systems Center
Adjunct Professor | Dept of Atmospheric Science
University of Alabama in Huntsville, Huntsville, AL 35899
www.rramachandran.com | www.itsc.uah.edu/
(w) 256-824-5157 | (f) 256-824-5149
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all