[ESIP-all] request for suggestion

Uhlir, Paul PUhlir at nas.edu
Mon Jun 3 11:51:56 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

We are putting together a steering committee for an NRC Board on Research Data and Information "Competition and Prize on Publicly Available Research Data and Information." The idea is to organize an open competition on novel ideas/tools/processes/models using open, publicly available digital data and information to address a societal problem.  We will launch this competition later this summer, but we are currently looking for someone in the earth/environmental sciences community who has expertise in data/information management and hopefully also has some experience with organizing or managing prize competitions. I therefore am soliciting any suggestions you may have and would appreciate your input before the end of this week.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul F. Uhlir, J.D.
Director, Board on Research Data and Information
National Academy of Sciences, Keck-511
500 Fifth Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
U.S.A.