[ESIP-all] AGU Session on Search and Discovery of Scientific Data

Berrick, Stephen W. (GSFC-6102) stephen.w.berrick at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 1 16:23:32 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Special Session IN031 entitled Search and Discovery of Scientific Data at the 2013 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on 9-13 December 2013 in San Francisco, California.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science Informatics session.

AGU 2013 Meeting information is available at http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/>.

Please note – the deadline for abstracts is 6 August 2013.

Session IN031: : Increasing volumes and complexity of Earth science data from multiple domestic and international organizations create the need to improve discovery and provide users with more seamless cross-domain access. Challenges for evolving data systems include life-cycle data stewardship, data and system interoperability, rapid data delivery, and responsiveness to changing user needs for tools that filter, subset and visualize data. This session focuses on scalable data system technologies and approaches for increasing efficiency and improving user experience. We are interested in learning about both what has and has not worked in the past.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank your for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.  Please forgive us if you receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate

Sincerely,

Michael Piasecki
City College New York
mpiasecki at ccny.cuny.edu<mailto:mpiasecki at ccny.cuny.edu>

David Meyer
US Geological Survey EROS Center
tensleep605 at gmail.com<mailto:tensleep605 at gmail.com>

Stephen W Berrick
NASA HQ
Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov<mailto:Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov>

John Moses
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
john.f.moses at nasa.gov<mailto:john.f.moses at nasa.gov>

-----
Stephen W Berrick
Earth Science Data Systems          +1.202.358.1757  Phone
Earth Science Division (DK)           +1.571.357.2142  Google Voice
Science Mission Directorate           Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov<mailto:Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov>
NASA Headquarters
Washington, DC  20546