[ESIP-all] FW: AGU Fall Meeting Abstract Submission Site Open

Michael Piasecki mpiasecki at ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Jul 9 21:17:01 EDT 2013

Dear ESSI Members

The "submission gates" have been opened for the AGU Fall meeting and it is
time to get your abstracts in. I think we have an exciting collection of
sessions that cover a pretty broad spectrum of topics that we worry and
think about in our day jobs day and out.

For all of those who are session conveners it is time to actively advertise
your sessions, lay out the proverbial honey and see how many you can attract
to your den.

Please note and remember that we cannot make any, absolutely none, promises
as to the oral sessions, this is particularly important for those who
invited speakers. It will all depend on how successful your lure was,
deadline is August 6th, see also below. We then normally get a window of 10
days (we are hoping for more this year) to get all the 2nd round of session
mergers done. For one to avoid 3 or 4 contribution-sessions, for another to
increase head counts with the aim at qualifying for an oral session. It will
be, if the past years are an indicator, a hectic few days in the midst of
the time window where many of you are on vacation or in the field. Please
bear with us (Kerstin Lehnert and me) when we try to sort this out.

The planning committee will then meet on Sept 9-11 at which time the program
will be finalized, that is also where the oral slots are being assigned and
finalized.

I hope to see all of you in December, if not on the floor somewhere so at
least for our ESSI reception, this year again in the Fusion Lounge.

Best

Michael

Michael Piasecki

Chair Earth Space Science Informatics, ESSI, Focus Group, AGU

Member AGU Council and Fall Meeting Planning Committee

<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636737&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=https://www.magnetmail.net/actions/email_web_version.cfm?recip
ient_id=1021836706&message_id=2776830&user_id=AGU_&group_id=1075152&jobid=14
446782>  Click here to access the web version of this message.

  <http://images.magnetmail.net/images/clients/AGU_/FMbanner_765x150.jpg>

Abstract Submission Site Is Open

Will your paper be a part of the more than 20,000 presentations? Submit your
abstract for presentation at Fall Meeting! Remember: all first authors must
be AGU members who are current in their 2013 dues and not sponsored by an
AGU member.

Need to renew
<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636738&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=https://members.agu.org/eweb/>  your membership or join
<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636739&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=https://members.agu.org/eweb/>  AGU in order to submit your
abstract as first author? Do so before the deadline of 24 July,11:59 P.M.
EDT.

Abstract Submission Deadline: 6 August, 11:59 P.M. EDT. Submit
<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636740&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021821514&sid=25491877&m=2
750440&u=AGU_&j=14373807&s=https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/account/> now!

Breaking News! U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe will deliver the AGU Presidential
Forum on Monday, 9 December.

AGU galvanizes a community of Earth and space scientists that
collaboratively advances and communicates science and its power to ensure a
sustainable future.

If you wish to unsubscribe, please
<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25644083&m=2776830&u=AGU_
age_id=2497358&user_id=AGU_&recipient_id=1021836706&email=mpiasecki at ccny.cun
y.edu&group_id=1075152> click here.

Follow Us:

<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636741&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=http://www.youtube.com/user/AGUvideos>

<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636742&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=https://twitter.com/theAGU>

<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636743&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=https://www.facebook.com/FallMeeting>

<http://www.mmsend61.com/link.cfm?r=1021836706&sid=25636744&m=2776830&u=AGU_
&j=14446782&s=http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2196290>

2000 Florida Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009-1277

  <http://www.mmsend61.com/spacer.cfm?tracking_id=17239567522>