[ESIP-all] Seeking abstracts for AGU Session on Big Data Analytic Systems

Dr. Rahul Ramachandran rahul.ramachandran at uah.edu
Fri Jul 12 12:01:51 EDT 2013

*Dear Colleague,*

*I would like to call your attention to a planned session at the Fall
Meeting of the American Geophysical Union in December. Rahul Ramachandran,
Frederic Laliberte, Martin Juckes, and I are planning to host **"Big Data
Analytic Systems: Computing and Collaborating Effectively in Distributed
Systems"**. *

*This session will examine the research environment in which there is a
rapidly-growing amount of scientific data, improved access to computing
power that can be provisioned in the cloud, and better access and discovery
of tools for coordination of research. Voluminous data products,
incompatible data analysis tools, and inadequate access to
high-productivity computing platforms expose inherent inefficiencies in
science research ecosystems that make external collaborations difficult.
This session will focus on strategies for optimizing the process of data
analysis and will propose a reference architecture for analytic systems to
address such inefficiencies, and will include talks ranging from existing
systems, technology reviews, and science applications.*

**

*If you are interested I would encourage you to submit an abstract at **
https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/account/*<https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/account/>
* before the **August 6 **deadline. Please forward this message to others
who may be interested.*

---

Michael Seablom

Program Manager, Advanced Information System Technology

NASA Headquarters, ESTO/SMD

Office/Cell: 202-358-0442.  Skype: mseablom
---
Rahul Ramachandran Ph.D.
Deputy Editor | Earth Science Informatics [ESIN]
Principal Research Scientist III | Information Tech. and Systems Center
University of Alabama in Huntsville, Huntsville, AL 35899
www.rramachandran.com | www.itsc.uah.edu/
(w) 256-824-5157 | (f) 256-824-5149
---