[ESIP-all] AGU IN007 - Collaborative Cyberinfrastructure: Crowdsourcing of Knowledge and Discoveries

Law, Emily S (3980) emily.s.law at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jul 14 10:39:27 EDT 2013

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to Session “IN007 - Collaborative Cyberinfrastructure: Crowdsourcing of Knowledge and Discoveries” to be held at this year's Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on 9-13 December 2013 in San Francisco, California.

With the rapidly increasing scale and complexity of ross-disciplinary research in Earth and space sciences, there is an increased need of elastic access to vast amounts of data and knowledge. Crowdsourcing is becoming an important part of collaborative cyberinfrastructures that seek to obtain data and research insights by soliciting contributions from the science community at large as well as interested citizens. This session invites talks on:

  *   The power of crowdsourcing
  *   Current implementations of crowdsourcing tools and capabilities for science research
  *   Engaging crowd contributions
  *   Crowdsourcing trends that are applicable to science research
  *   Life cycle management of data obtained via crowdsourcing

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science Informatics session IN007 soon, as the deadline for abstracts is August 6, 2013. AGU 2013 Meeting information is available at http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/

Thank you for considering this opportunity to share your insights, success stories and Q&A. We look forward to your contribution to our discussion on Crowdsourcing of Knowledge and Discoveries. Please forgive us if you receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate. Also, please feel free to forward this message to those who may not be on the distribution list.

Best regards,
Emily Law (NASA, JPL)
Chris Lynnes (NASA, GSFC)
Ilya Zaslavsky (UCSD, SDSC)