[ESIP-all] Invitation to Submit Abstracts to 2013 Fall AGU Session IN012: Mobile Apps to Improve Data Generation, Access, and Usability

Cook, Robert B. cookrb at ornl.gov
Mon Jul 22 14:38:59 EDT 2013

***Apologies for multiple postings, as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate.***

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Special Session IN012 entitled Earth Science Mobile Apps and Other Mobile Technologies to Improve Data Generation, Access, and Usability  at the 2013 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on 9-13 December 2013 in San Francisco, California.

We invite you to submit an abstract for this Earth and Space Science Informatics session.

AGU 2013 Meeting abstract submission information is available at:
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/abstract-submission-policies/

Please note – the deadline for abstracts is 6 August 2013.

Session IN012: : Earth Science Mobile Apps and Other Mobile Technologies to Improve Data Generation, Access, and Usability
Earth science researchers are benefiting from the increasing amount of satellite, airborne, and in situ sensor data products. However, many challenges remain for discovering and searching for these data across multiple data systems. Even after these challenges are addressed, for interdisciplinary and application users, a remaining challenge is how to effectively integrate multiple data products after they have been found. This session focuses on solutions that enable efficient data interoperability and inter-use across science discipline and application domains. Of particular interest are solutions that address currently underserved user communities.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank your for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.

Sincerely,

Stephen W Berrick
NASA-HQ
Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov<mailto:Stephen.W.Berrick at nasa.gov>