[ESIP-all] Inviting to submit to AGU FM 2013 Session IN029. Polar Cyberinfrastructure

Chaowei Yang cyang3 at gmu.edu
Tue Jul 23 08:13:18 EDT 2013

AGU Session IN029. Polar Cyberinfrastructure

IN029. Polar Cyberinfrastructure: We invite submissions concerning research of polar cyberinfrastructure. Cyber technologies have been impacting positively polar research in many ways: an increasing number of sophisticated sensors have been deployed in both the Arctic and Antarctic regions; enhanced computational power has allowed polar scientists to portrait the present state of the polar regions, to unveil past trends and project future changes of process-driving quantities. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
1. sensors, real-time data transmission and networking
2. data storage and management supporting continuity of long-lived publicly accessible data sets
3. data mining, data-driven discovery
4. model simulation and forecasting
5. software technologies

Deadline: Abstracts due 6 August 2013.

Please submitting abstracts by following directions at: https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/account/ and feel free to contact us with any questions.
Chaowei Phil Yang, George Mason University, cyang3 at gmu.edu
Wenwen Li, Arizona State University, wenwen at asu.edu
Paul Morin, University of Minnesota, lpaul at umn.edu
Marco Tedesco, City College of New York, mtedesco at sci.ccny.cuny.edu

Best Regards,
Phil
Free downloading recent published papers
Redefining the possibility of digital Earth and geosciences with spatial cloud computing
http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/9hrYXhPEwEr4hv9gXTFi/full
http://cpgis.gmu.edu/homepage/free-papers.htm

Chaowei Phil Yang, Ph.D.,
Director, NSF I/UCRC for Spatiotemporal Thinking, Computing and Applications
Co-Director, Joint Center for Intelligent Spatial Computing
Chair, Research Committee, Univ. Consortium of Geographic Information Science
Associate Professor, George Mason University
http://cpgis.gmu.edu/homepage/