[ESIP-all] Climate LIteracy Sessions and Workshop at AGU - and social meeting of the CLEAN Network

Tamara Ledley tamara_ledley at terc.edu
Tue Dec 3 16:44:54 EST 2013

The American Geophysical Union meeting is next week - December 9-13 in San
Francisco. Below is a list of the Climate Literacy sessions and workshop
that are scheduled.  You should go to the AGU website for the list of
presentations in those session.  Go to
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program-2/ and then select the
"Fall Meeting Program" link in the 2nd line under the title "Scientific
Program".  You can find all the Climate Literacy sessions by typing
"climate literacy" in the search box.

Note that all of the oral sessions (not the workshop or posters) have a
virtual option.  These sessions will be recorded and can be viewed later
by AGU members.  More information about the virtual options can be found
at http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/virtual-options/

CLEAN Network social gathering - we will plan to get together for lunch on
Thursday after the morning session of the workshop.  Meet at the Marriott
Marquis - Golden Gate A at 12:30p.  We will go to lunch from there.

Climate Literacy Sessions

Monday Oral Sessions
     8:00a-10:00a  & 10:20-12:20:     Climate Literacy and the Next
Generation Science Standards for K-12 Education I and II- 103 Moscone
South
     8:00-10:00am & 10:20a-12:20p  Climate Literacy: Beyond Climate
Literacy - Toward Effective Responses to Global Change I and II - 104
Moscone South
     1:40p-3:40p & 4:00p-6:00p         Climate Literacy: Achieving
Widespread Climate Literacy Through Innovative Engagement Strategies,
Effective Partnerships, and Large-Scale Networks I and II - 103 Moscone
South

Monday Posters
     1:40p-6:00p  Climate Literacy: Beyond Climate Literacy - Toward
Effective Responses to Global Change III Posters - Hall A-C Moscone South

Tuesday Oral Sessions
     8:00a-10:00a Climate Literacy: Achieving Widespread Climate Literacy
Through Innovative Engagement Strategies, Effective Partnerships, and
Large-Scale Networks III - 103 Moscone South
     4:00p-6:00p UNION SESSION: Climate Literacy: The Role of the AGU
Scientific Community in Climate Change Communication and Engagement - 102
Moscone South

Tuesday Posters
     1:40-6:00p Climate Literacy: Achieving Widespread Climate Literacy
Through Innovative Engagement Strategies, Effective Partnerships, and
Large-Scale Networks IV  Posters - Hall A-C Moscone South
     1:40p-6:00p  Climate Literacy and the Next Generation Science
Standards for K-12 Education III Posters - Hall A-C Moscone South

Wednesday Oral Sessions
     8:00a-10:00a Climate Literacy: Barriers, Misconceptions, and Progress
in Improving Climate Literacy I - 103 Moscone South
     8:00a-10:00a Climate Literacy: Beyond the Comfort Zone - New
Approaches to Climate Change in Higher Education I - 104 Moscone South
    10:20a-12:20p Climate Literacy: Impacts, Evidence, and Best Practices
from Research and Evaluation I - 104 Moscone South

Wednesday Posters
     1:40p-6:00p Climate Literacy: Barriers, Misconceptions, and Porgress
in Improving Climate Literacy II Posters - Hall A-C Moscone South
     1:40p-6:00p  Climate Literacy: Beyond the Comfort Zone - New
Approaches to Climate Change in Higher Education II Posters - Hall A-C
Moscone South
     1:40p-6:00p Climate Literacy: Impacts, Evidence, and Best Practices
from Research and Evaluation II Posters - Hall A-C Moscone South

Thursday - Workshop
   8:30a-5:00p Preparing for Global Change: Education, Collaboration and
Community Engagement to Enable a Science Savvy Society Workshop - San
Francisco Marriott Marquis-Golden Gate A - note no registration is
required.  Breakout discussions with the larger community will occur in
the morning.  Morning discussions will by synthesized/summarized in the
afternoon.  All are invited to participate.

Tamara Shapiro Ledley, PhD
Senior Scientist, TERC
2067 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140