[ESIP-all] ESIP Winter 2014 Meeting - Making Evaluation Work: Taking the Right Steps for Your Program & Funders

Ana Prados aprados at umbc.edu
Fri Dec 20 16:10:20 EST 2013

To the ESIP Community,

"Are you a program/project manager? Do you write proposals for your
organization? Are you helping your organization adapt business practices
for budgetary restrictions or other external drivers?  We invite you to
participate in the Decision Cluster's Evaluation Workshop at the 2014
ESIP Winter Meeting (Weds AND Thursday afternoon): /"Making Evaluation
Work: Taking the Right Steps for Your Program & Funders"/
/To help us better tailor the workshop to those participating, please
take a few minutes now to complete this short questionnaire
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ESIP_Evaluation_PreSurvey_Winter2014>.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ESIP_Evaluation_PreSurvey_Winter2014/

/If at all possible, it's important to get your responses as soon as
possible (before the holidays).///

Learn about how evaluation can help you manage change in your
organization.  Get hands on experience and tips on how to turn that
interesting idea into an award. Learn how to deliver more meaningful
results for existing programs.  Bring your examples of program planning,
management, and assessment to share with your peers in this workshop
learning environment.

We will work through the steps needed to build a framework or Logic
model that describes the essence of a proposed or current
project/program. Logic models enhance both project planning (e.g.
proposal writing phase) and project execution by clarifying what the
project is trying to accomplish, the stakeholder benefits, and later on
serve as a project management and assessment tool. Team discussions for
selected use cases will moderated by a professional evaluator. Go here
<http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1856> to get more details and for an
agenda:http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1856
<http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1856>

/
/We are also looking for 3-4 individuals willing volunteer their
program/project as uses case for the small group //discussions during
the workshop. We are looking for uses cases across all of ESIP (data
management, applied science, education, etc). Your project/program will
not be evaluated, rather this is an opportunity for *free help/feedback
on your project !!*, to gain a better understanding of the steps and
thinking involved in project evaluation. Please indicate your interest
in the survey
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ESIP_Evaluation_PreSurvey_Winter2014
AND contact Ana Prados at aprados at umbc.edu <mailto:aprados at umbc.edu>//

...and to learn about how ESIP members are already applying evaluation
check the Decision Session on Friday, Evaluation In Action: Stories from
Across ESIP <http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1859>

--
Ana I. Prados, Ph.D
Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology (JCET)