[ESIP-all] [ESSI] Last call for comments on the Declaration of Data Citation Principles - DRAFT

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 30 15:23:47 EST 2013

On Dec 30, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Ruth Ellen Duerr wrote:

> Folks,
>
> The comment period for the Declaration of Data Citation Principles (http://www.force11.org/node/4769) drafted by a Synthesis Group consisting of members from a large number of organizations such as the ESIP Federation, CODATA, etc. is almost over.  The last day for comment is December 31, 2013!  If this is a topic you care about, please take a few minutes to read and comment on the principles as currently drafted.  Based on the comments, the Principles will be finalized early in 2014 at which point endorsement by a wide variety of organizations will be sought.
>
> I note that once finalized the ESIP Stewardship Committee intends to bring them up for endorsement by ESIP as a whole.

You might have luck on the ESIP side .. for AGU ESSI, it might be easier to get individuals to endorse it rather than AGU as a whole ... knowing AGU, if we forwarded it to them in some official capacity, they'd have their lawyers look it over and never bother asking anyone who actually deals with data.

-Joe