[ESIP-all] ESIP Disaster Response cluster

Patricia Reiff reiff at rice.edu
Mon Feb 3 15:07:06 EST 2014

Yes, our model showed that could have sparked a major disaster.  We are working on a paper on it.
We have our own short-term space weather forecasting system (with a free alert emails)
but we disclaim "for education only".
We have provided our model to NOAA for evaluation and to install into their "blessed" system.
If you want on our "spacalrt" list, just let me know...

Pretty quiet right now but the ginormous spot has just rotated into view again...
http://mms.rice.edu/realtime/forecast.html