[ESIP-all] ESIP Disaster Response cluster
Law, Emily S (3980)
emily.s.law at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 4 18:22:49 EST 2014
It is exciting to see all the exchanges and interests generated by the posting below. For those who are interested in continuing the topics, please:
1. bring these discussions to the cluster's first telecon (when we will address goals and activities) in lieu of ESIP-all broadcast,
2. participate in the first telecon doodle poll http://doodle.com/nu5z4wcnm6nskk28 which will be closed by the end of day tomorrow (Feb 5),
3. and go to: http://lists.esipfed.org/mailman/listinfo/esip-disasters and subscribe to the cluster's mailing list (esip-disasters at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-disasters at lists.esipfed.org>)
The first telecon announcement and all future communications will only be sent to the cluster's mailing list. If you have any questions, please contact me <emily.law at jpl.nasa.gov> or Karen <karen.moe at nasa.gov> directly.
From: <Law>, Emily S Law <emily.s.law at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:emily.s.law at jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:46 PM
To: "esip-all at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-all at lists.esipfed.org>" <esip-all at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-all at lists.esipfed.org>>
Subject: [ESIP-all] ESIP Disaster Response cluster
Karen and I would like to invite you to join a new ESIP cluster "Disaster Response", and subscribe to its mailing list: esip-disasters at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-disasters at lists.esipfed.org>
Draft mission statement of this cluster:
The main objective of the Disaster Response Cluster is to facilitate connections and coordinate efforts among data providers, managers and developers of disaster response systems and tools, and end-user communities within ESIP.
Examples of topics that the cluster will address include:
* Identify disaster response full-cycle
* Map dataset types to disaster types by leveraging existing efforts
* Assess and prioritize use cases and user needs
* Assess existing capabilities and processes
* Assess common architecture patterns to disaster response
* Develop webinars or other outreach plans to raise awareness with end-users
If you are interested, please participate in the following Doodle Poll "ESIP Disaster Response Monthly Telecon" and cast your votes by the end of Feb 5, next Wednesday.
We'd like to kick off our first teleon in either 2nd or 3rd week of February to finalize the cluster's mission statement, discuss goals and potential activities the group plan to accomplish by Summer ESIP. Below is a list of possible activities that we can touch on.
* Gather insights from organizations addressing disasters like GEOSS, USGEO, OSTP, CEOS, OGC (complement not duplicate effort)
* Collect information from ESIP members involved in disaster response/risk reduction such as what data are being used now (list of derived products) and map data sources to consumers (probably by hazard type)
* Capture use cases
* Identify commonality and major gaps
* Develop a webinar or exhibit on the use of EO for disasters to engage end users and better understand their needs
We look forward to our 1st telecon, and working with you.
Emily Law & Karen Moe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all