[ESIP-all] Meeting Venues and Climate Change

Labrecque, John (HQ-DK000) john.labrecque at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 5 11:43:50 EST 2014

NASA is increasing its virtual meeting capability.

Dr. John LaBrecque
Lead, Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area
MS 3B74
NASA Science Mission Directorate
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Washington, DC 20546

email: John.LaBrecque at nasa.gov
Tel: +1 (202) 358-1373
Cell: +1 (202) 341-0078

From: Bruce Barkstrom <brbarkstrom at gmail.com<mailto:brbarkstrom at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:32 AM
To: "esip-all at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-all at lists.esipfed.org>" <esip-all at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-all at lists.esipfed.org>>
Subject: [ESIP-all] Meeting Venues and Climate Change

Maybe we need to consider the "moral challenge of climate change" when planning our
meetings.  There's a real challenge in the Slate article

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/02/why_a_meteorologist_took_the_bus_for_28_hours_instead_of_flying.html?wpisrc=hpsponsoredd2

Perhaps it would be appropriate for ESIP to work on ways of improving our virtual
meeting capabilities to cut down on travel.  I don't know whether agencies would consider
converting travel funds to improved virtual meeting capability.

Bruce B.