[ESIP-all] Dec 2014 AGU Session 2976: " Improving Data Interoperability and Usability"

Berrick, Stephen W. (GSFC-5860) via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Wed Jun 25 13:10:10 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Session 2976 on Improving Data Interoperability and Usability at the 2014 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on 15-19 December 2014 in San Francisco, California.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science Informatics session. AGU 2014 Meeting information is available at http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2014/ .

Please note – the deadline for abstracts is 6 August 2014.

Session 2976: Improving Data Interoperability and Usability:

Beyond data discovery and access lie the challenges of data interoperability and usability for Earth research and applied science users. Challenges include understanding the appropriateness of datasets for particular applications and understanding and working with the diverse file formats and data structures. These challenges impede data interoperability and the full realization of value added dataset integration and synthesis. These challenges are both technical and social in nature. This session focuses on information system and social networking technologies that improve the interoperability and usability of data after discovery and access and that reduce barriers to innovative dataset integration and synthesis by diverse user communities.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank your for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.  Please forgive us if you receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate

Sincerely,

Jeff de la Beaujardiere, NOAA
Jeff.deLaBeaujardiere at noaa.gov<x-webdoc://3B7FA181-A2BE-4BDF-8125-022EE1C74AD3/kevin.j.murphy@nasa.gov>

Stephen W Berrick, NASA