[ESIP-all] Job Posting: GIBS Operations and Test Engineer
Pressley, Natalie N. (GSFC-423.0)[COLUMBUS TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES INC] via ESIP-all
esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Sep 30 10:55:42 EDT 2014
In support of the ESDIS Project Office under the Software Engineering Support (SES) contract, Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. has the following career opportunity:
Global Imagery Browse Service (GIBS) Operations & Test Engineer
The NASA Earth Observing a System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS) system fulfills an increasingly critical role in providing full resolution visualizations of Earth Science data products. GIBS services are consumed by numerous mapping applications and libraries for use in activities such as education, research, and emergency response.
We are seeking an engineer with strong experience in integration testing and operational support activities. In addition to technical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly, the ideal candidate demonstrates strengths in interpersonal, presentation, and troubleshooting with a passion for his/her role, GIBS, EOSDIS, and the NASA space program.
To learn more about the GIBS project, navigate here: https://earthdata.nasa.gov/gibs.
As an Operations and Test Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Monitoring, identifying, analyzing, and resolving operational issues to ensure 24/7 system availability.
• Leading the development, execution, and analysis of functional, performance, and stability system tests.
• Participating in imagery product development, validation, integration, and reconciliation.
• Identifying system enhancements or issues and coordinating with the development and systems engineering team for resolution.
• Participating in configuration management and software deployment.
The candidate should be a self-starter, motivated, able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with a good understanding of software development standards and best practices.
The candidate should meet and/or demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
• Experience in an operational environment performing system analysis and issue resolution.
• Experience with a complex software system involving multiple components including distributed services, databases, and storage.
• Strong *nix scripting and command line abilities.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to effectively schedule and manage interdependent tasks.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and ensures quality.
• Possesses and demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment across Government contracts/contractors.
• Experience with NASA Earth science data products and the NASA EOSDIS.
• Experience generating and modifying imagery using GDAL or other image tools such as ImageMagick.
• Experience with monitoring *nix systems (e.g. OpenNMS, sar, etc.).
• Experience with Mapserver, GeoServer, ArcGIS, or other GIS applications.
• Experience with Python/Perl/PHP Scripting.
• Experience with Web mapping standards (e.g. WMS, WMTS, KML, etc.).
To Apply: http://careers.columbususa.com/index.cfm?id=339
Click "Submit Resume"
Contractor, Columbus Technologies & Services
ESDIS Project Code 423
SES Task 6007 Task Lead
natalie.n.pressley at nasa.gov
Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all