[ESIP-all] IT& Interoperability Rant & Rave, Thurs, 10/2 @ 3 ET: Access and use of federal Earth science data

Matthew Austin - NOAA Federal via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Wed Oct 1 08:35:07 EDT 2014

All,

This month's IT&I Rant & Rave will be this Thursday, October 2, 3 ET and
will follow up from the summer meeting panel on this topic lead by Ethan
McMahon.

Title: Access and use of federal Earth science data

Are you curious about what data users want? How we can help new audiences
for Earth science data, like the interested public and developers, answer
scientific questions or create decision support tools? Call in to the Rant
and Rave session on Thursday at 3 PM Eastern time to explore these
questions in more depth.

At the ESIP summer meeting, a panel offered their views about the access
and use of federal Earth science data (see
http://commons.esipfed.org/node/2419 for notes and presentations). On
Thursday we can follow up on that discussion and talk about these questions:

What do new users of ES data (interested public and developers) want?
How can we find out what they want?
What audiences should the data provider community focus on?
What can the data provider community do to help them?

Feel free to edit the ESIP page (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/2419) with
your suggestions and please bring your experience and ideas to the
discussion!

To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
2. Click join next to the IT&I meeting
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23136782

Thanks,
Matt