[ESIP-all] RFI : Big Data priorities / strategic plan

Joe Hourcle via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Oct 2 11:23:39 EDT 2014

Luckily, I have friends who read the Federal Register, as I would've missed this.

In today's Federal Register:

	https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/10/02/2014-23444/national-big-data-r-and-d-initiative-framework-priorities-and-strategic-plan

	National Big Data R and D Initiative; Framework, Priorities, and Strategic Plan

	This request encourages feedback from multiple big data stakeholders to inform the development of a framework, set of priorities, and ultimately a strategic plan for the National Big Data R&D Initiative. A number of areas of interest have been identified by agency representatives in the Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD) Big Data Senior Steering Group (BDSSG) as well as the many members of the big data R&D community that have participated in BDSSG events and workshops over the past several years. This RFI is a critical step in developing a cross-agency strategic plan that has broad community input and that can bereferenced by all Federal agencies as they move forward over the next five to ten years with their own big data R&D programs, policies, partnerships, and activities.

Comment period ends Nov. 14th

-Joe

ps.  apologies in advance for the cross-posting

pps.  this might be a good time to bring up the idea of a Decadal Survey for data (not just big data)