[ESIP-all] [ESSI] Ignite at AGU - Last call for presenters!

Joe Hourcle via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Nov 13 18:11:37 EST 2014

On Nov 13, 2014, at 5:17 PM, Erin Robinson wrote:

> Hi All -
>
> We are still looking for a few more presenters for the 4th annual
> Ignite at AGU 2014 <http://esipfed.org/IgniteAGU2014>
> <http://esipfed.org/IgniteAGU2014>-- It's a great chance to try out the
> Ignite format (* see details below) and do something completely different.
> We really encourage people to try this out - it's a great challenge.  The
> topics can be professional or personal.  The talks can be serious,
> humorous, opinionated, etc. and they can be a chance to share your
> perspectives and insights on whatever topic you want.

And you don't have to have much experience.  Some of the best
talks last year were from students.*

... so if you have students who are going to be coming to AGU,
you might want to mention it to them.

If you want see examples from past years, go to:

	http://igniteshow.com/events/igniteagu-2011
	http://igniteshow.com/events/ignite-agu-2012

(I have no idea where the 2013 talks are).

> *Event Details:*
> When: Wednesday, December 17, 6-8:30 pm
> Where: Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen (** NEW LOCATION: 401 Taylor St.)
> Who: Open to everyone - no invitation needed

Yay, new space.  (hopefully larger).

... unfortunately, I'm still going through with my AGU boycott, so
won't get to see it.

-Joe

* and it looks like Shayle (the sea slug talk) went on to win some awards, too:
	http://news.sfsu.edu/student-biologist-selected-csu%E2%80%99s-top-prize

ps. yes, I know it's strange that one of the people who manages
    the AGU-ESSI mailing list isn't actually in AGU any more.