[ESIP-all] Changing Weather and Climate in the Great Lakes Region - 4 week MOOC starting 2/23/15

Margaret Mooney via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Dec 9 08:25:03 EST 2014

Hello, (& sorry for cross-posting!)
I'm writing to share information about a new MOOC (Massive On-line Open
Course) which will be offered for 4-weeks starting on February 23rd 2015
on "Changing Weather and Climate of the Great Lakes Region".  More
information can be found at
http://moocs.wisc.edu/mooc/great-lakes-weather-and-climate/

We'll feature a different season each week with lectures and activities
that move from classic weather for each season to observed changes in
regional climate to societal impacts. Along with the goal of advancing
science literacy, we'll be inviting participants to modify four
behaviors, one per week. Each behavior change will provide a personal
benefit while also helping to mitigate the collective impacts of climate
change.

If you're going to AGU please stop by our poster between 3:45 and 6pm
next Tuesday!
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/meetingapp.cgi#Paper/17585

In climate-literacy solidarity,
-Margaret