[ESIP-all] Science Software Cluster telecon 16/01

Nicholas Weber nmweber at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 15 15:41:26 EST 2015

Hi,

The science software cluster will have our first telecon of 2015 Friday,
January 16th, at 2pm EST. (call-in info. below)

We'll be specifically talking about three things:

1. Plans for a software carpentry "train the trainers" session at the
Summer Meeting

2. Use cases we might like to see this group take on for a summer session
(around documentation, variable naming conventions, etc) - this includes
using a strict criteria like SSI's evaluation criteria (
http://software.ac.uk/sites/default/files/SSI-SoftwareEvaluationCriteria.pdf)
or something more informal.

3. Future work on a short-course for software best practices specific to
ESIP community.

Our work over the next year is still shaping up - so if you're interested
in another topic this will be a good call to join.

-Nic

 To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting

1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fesipfed.webex.com&usd=2&usg=AFQjCNHPzR1eD0UM2r2Z3LolFelApQ4fgA>
2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab
3. Select the YOUR MEETING NAME If a password is required, enter the
Meeting Password: 23136782

To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone

Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Global call-in numbers:
https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fesipfed.webex.com%2Fesipfed%2Fglobalcallin.php%3FserviceType%3DMC%26ED%3D9910728%26tollFree%3D1Toll-free&usd=2&usg=AFQjCNGBMe51KJpIABeehTXsAretvJWoAw>