[ESIP-all] LANCE AMSR2 Near Real-Time data Announcement

Harrison, Sherry SHarrison at itsc.uah.edu
Tue Mar 17 11:59:07 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The NASA Land Atmosphere Near real-time Capability for EOS (LANCE)<https://earthdata.nasa.gov/data/near-real-time-data> AMSR2 Processing Center at the Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC DAAC) in Huntsville, Alabama would like to announce the availability of our first AMSR2 near real-time data set, NRT AMSR2 L2B Global Swath GSFC Profiling Algorithm 2010: Surface Precipitation, Wind Speed over Ocean, Water Vapor over Ocean and Cloud Liquid Water over Ocean<https://lance.nsstc.nasa.gov/amsr2-science/data/level2/rainocean/>.   These LANCE AMSR2 near real-time products, with noted limitations, are generated and available to registered users via HTTPS with an average latency of less than 3 hours.

While not a substitute for climate research quality products, near real-time products are in high demand in fields such as numerical weather prediction and forecasting, monitoring of natural hazards, disaster relief, agriculture and homeland security.  More information about LANCE AMSR2 near real-time data is available at http://lance.nsstc.nasa.gov/.

Notice:
All LANCE AMSR2 data should be used with the understanding that these are preliminary products.  Cross calibration with AMSR-E products has not been performed. As updates are made to the JAXA AMSR2 Level-1R data set (the data used as input to our products), those changes will be reflected in the higher level products.

LANCE AMSR2 is also co-located with the AMSR Science Investigator-led Processing System (SIPS) at the GHRC DAAC. The AMSR SIPS is responsible for the generation of climate research quality products; these products will be available from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) beginning in 2016.

LANCE AMSR2 would like to thank you for using our data.

As always, we welcome any comments or suggestions.

Sincerely,  Sherry

Sherry Harrison
UAHuntsville
256-961-7973