[ESIP-all] Summer ESIP - Geospatial vector formats

Allan Doyle adoyle at intl-interfaces.com
Thu May 7 14:21:23 EDT 2015

The ESO (ESDIS Standards Office) would like to gather information about what kinds of data formats are being used within the Earth science community for geospatial vector data.

Some of the formats we’ve heard most about recently are ESRI Shapefiles and GeoJSON. There are probably others in use by members of this email list.

At the ESIP Summer meetings, the ESO will be hosting a 1/2 day session focusing on developing standards.  One of the topics we will explore is the use of geospatial vector data. Please contact us at eso-staff at lists.nasa.gov or Allan at adoyle at intl-interfaces.com if you’d be interested in participating in discussion on this topic.  Also let us know if you’d be willing to do a brief presentation on your (or your organization’s) use/needs/opinions on the topic.

Thanks,

Allan Doyle
Yonsook Enloe
Helen Conover