[ESIP-all] ESIP Drupal Summer Lab

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Thu Jun 11 10:37:41 EDT 2015

Hi all,

 I wanted to take a brief moment to tell you all about the ESIP Drupal Summer Lab being held on Tuesday July 14th during the ESIP Summer Meeting. We are excited to host guest speakers Colin Foley, of Lehigh Univ. presenting on techniques for using maps in Drupal, and Jen Lampton and Nate Haug on their exciting and controversial fork of Drupal 7 called Backdrop CMS. You can find more details about them at the ESIP commons page for the Drupal Lab: http://commons.esipfed.org/node/7927. Both Colin, Jen and Nate will be sticking around for the afternoon code sprint on the 14th to help you get started on your maps use case, evaluate Backdrop CMS for your next project, or whatever other Drupal task you have on your plate.

Colin is looking to us for our mapping use cases in Drupal. If you have a scenario you want Colin to cover in his talk or at code sprints, send those to me at this form:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14mmnY7aAdhwQyJSZva7dxTavumgOqEzjq01TgaNeksU/viewform or attend our telecon on June 24th (details below).

We still have some space on the schedule at the ESIP Drupal Summer Meeting if you are interested in giving a quick presentation (2, 5, 10 minutes) of a recent project, what did and did not work well, or even a Drupal issue you have that you wish could get solved. If you are interested, you can submit your idea here: http://goo.gl/forms/TGCOEii3Rz or email me at: adam at whoi.edu

Finally, we understand that its hard to sometimes get approval and funding to attend the ESIP Summer Meeting, which is why the virtual participation option is really valuable.  Even if you can't attend in person, you can still join us along with Colin, Jen, and Nate, to interact on the day and ask your questions and tell your stories. If you or someone you know is interested in Drupal, let them know they can still get involved with the Summer Lab. Go and register to the ESIP Summer Meeting and select Virtual participation: https://www.regonline.com/esipfederationsummermeeting2015

Please feel free to email me with questions!

Best Regards,

Adam

ESIP Drupal Working Group
Co-Chair: David Bassendine                      david at bluedotlab.org
Co-Chair: Adam Shepherd 	                       ashepherd at whoi.edu

The Working Group gathers for monthly Telecons on
the 4th Wednesday of every month at noon Pacific / 3pm Eastern
   Computer Access:
     - Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
     - From "Meeting Center" > select "Drupal Telecon" meeting
     - Password: 23136782
    - or -
   Phone Access:
     - Toll-free (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493