[ESIP-all] AGU Fall Meeting - Sensor networks and sensor data management (Earth and Space Science Informatics section) - Session #8502

Krassovski, Misha B. krassovskimb at ornl.gov
Wed Jun 17 10:11:14 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The 2015 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting will be held during 14-18 December 2015 in San Francisco, California.
We welcome to submit an abstract to the following session: Sensor networks and sensor data management.
This session is a part of Earth and Space Science Informatics section.

Session ID#: 8502

Session Description:
Climate study related experiments and observational stations are getting bigger and number of sensors and instruments involved is growing very fast.
Experiments like SPRUCE, NGEE-Arctic, NEON have to deal with hundreds of sensors and instruments. The most effective way to manage such large installations is to incorporate
all equipment in to a network. At this session we would like people to share their experience in establishing, maintaining, and managing a fixed environmental sensor networks on
or near surface measurements (it does not cover remotely sensed data - satellite imagery, aerial photography, etc.). This session is open for all works about an existing system,
planning a completely new network, upgrading an existing system, improving streaming data management, and archiving data.

Primary Convener:  Misha Krassovski, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge, TN, United States
Convener:  Jeffery S Riggs, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, United States

Please distribute this request to your relevant networks, as appropriate.

 The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday, 5 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.

Follow this link to submit an Abstract to this Session<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/gc/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=9067>.

Sorry if you get multiple copies of this message since we are working with several mailing lists.

King regards,

Misha Krassovski (krassovskimb at ornl.gov<mailto:krassovskimb at ornl.gov>)
Data Systems Architect, Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC)
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
1 Bethel Valley, Oak Ridge, TN 37830

Jeff Riggs (riggsjs at ornl.gov<mailto:riggsjs at ornl.gov>)
Instrumentation and Control group