[ESIP-all] Help us build data lessons: Spatio-temporal Data - NEON / Data Carpentry Lesson Building hackathon

Leah Wasser lwasser at neoninc.org
Thu Jul 23 20:22:37 EDT 2015

Hi ESIP colleagues!

We are holding a National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) / Data Carpentry lesson building hackathon in Boulder, Colorado on October 21-23 2015. If you have experience, working with spatio-temporal data in tools like R and Python, have developed lessons and/ or taught theses techniques to others, we encourage you to consider attending this event! Funding is available to support travel.

More about the event AND the application for it, is here:

http://www.neoninc.org/updates-events/events/hackathon-spatio-temporal-data-lesson-building

ABOUT THE EVENT:

We are working with Data Carpentry, Iplant and SESYNC to organize this hackathon. The goal of this event is to develop a suite of NEON/ Data Carpentry data tutorials and potentially assessment approaches, to support working with large spatio-temporal datasets using NEON data as an example data source.

Please feel free to get in touch with me, with any questions.

Cheers!

Leah

Leah A. Wasser, Ph.D.
Supervising Scientist
Education / Data Products National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) Boulder, Colorado