[ESIP-all] NASA's Worldview - Web Developer Position Available

Pressley, Natalie N. (GSFC-423.0)[COLUMBUS TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES INC] natalie.n.pressley at nasa.gov
Sat Mar 5 07:12:29 EST 2016

Greetings,

Are you interested in building tools to study our planet and support the people living on it?  Our project helps sailors navigate through ice-laden waters near Alaska, scientists to study the air quality over Indonesia, first responders managing fires in California, and ice skaters in Sweden looking for a frozen pond.

Our team supports NASA’s Earth Science Data and Information System (ESDIS<https://earthdata.nasa.gov/about/esdis-project>) located at the Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC<http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/about/index.html>) facility, “home to the nation's largest organization of scientists, engineers and technologists who build spacecraft, instruments and new technology to study Earth, the sun, our solar system and the universe."

In particular, we design and develop Worldview<https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov>, an open source<https://github.com/nasa-gibs/worldview> web application for interactively browsing full-resolution imagery and data products from NASA’s Earth observing satellites within hours of being captured.  On a daily basis, thousands of users explore the past and present state of the planet to support a wide range of activities. Our goal is to enable this exploration and discovery.

To learn more about this exciting opportunity, view our posting here<https://www.ssaihq.com/employment/careers/Careers.aspx?adata=EGNFr4JyfqkXBkSFY4KRR9YEqpT2RtU2lTR%2brMk78G3XlBtirOuT4vbY4D9MNd1o6DN%2ffgOJ2cQYGo7lGto%2bqLDTmkyiY8cKKgA91Nb%2bldb%2fkMEINLuT3LczH60s7gFqYv8gR2Oc2zNlvXl2Pqb0GA2XAD3ETEV0QW5DeOJa6BQbT7YKsY8dBvsHeiy%2fMBDirQ%3d%3d>.

—

Natalie Pressley
Contractor
NASA GSFC
ESDIS Project Code 423

Note:  I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.