[ESIP-all] tips for using Jupyter notebooks for research/documentation

soren scott sorenscott at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 18:07:08 EDT 2016

Hello,

Products & Services is supporting an effort to continue development of
research software guidelines based on some earlier work that had no
understanding of code notebooks (iPython Notebook, Jupyter, DataBricks).
And we should - they're popular and very useful so I would like to include
that kind of code activity in the guidelines.

So I'm curious if anyone has any insights into what has worked well using
notebooks for documentation or data processing, etc or what doesn't work
well and how you might fix the issues. It could be structural, it could be
about content, it could be about managing them.

If you have any thoughts on this, pass them along.

Thank you,
Soren

--

Soren Scott
Research Coder
soren.scott at ronininstitute.org

just a head's up - taking a bit of a sabbatical so if i don't
get back to you right away, no worries.