[ESIP-all] Request for Comments: ESIP's draft Software Assessment Guidelines

soren scott sorenscott at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:39:48 EDT 2016

Afternoon all,

We have a draft of ESIP's software assessment guidelines available for
comments:

http://roomthily.github.io/technology-evaluation-research/ESIPSoftwareGuidelines/draft-201606

To comment, you can annotate that page using Hypothes.is (you will need an
account to make new comments and to view the comments already there). Or
you can create an issue for the GitHub repository (again, account
required). If you would like to contribute to the bibliography, it is
publicly viewable at Zotero
<https://www.zotero.org/groups/esip_software_assessment> and I am happy to
it.

The draft will be up through the summer meeting (until July 22). And we'll
have two sessions at the meeting (http://sched.co/6uHh and
http://sched.co/6uHY) for additional feedback and discussion.

If you know of other groups that may be interested in providing feedback,
it is a public comment period. I do ask that you try to avoid comments that
are more dogmatic in nature - try to make it programming language-agnostic
and provide context and references (also the code of conduct applies). If
your account aliases are not clear, let me know who you are for the
Contributors list.

If you have any questions or access issues, let me know.

Cheers and thank you,
Soren

--

Soren Scott
Research Coder
soren.scott at ronininstitute.org

just a head's up - taking a bit of a sabbatical so if i don't
get back to you right away, no worries.