[ESIP-all] Final opportunity to submit to AGU Session: Practical Magic: Tricks and Tools to get Past the Data I/O Bottleneck.

David Gallaher david.gallaher at nsidc.org
Fri Jul 29 18:18:25 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

The August 3rd submission date is upon us. We would like to invite
abstract submissions to the following AGU session:

Practical Magic: Tricks and Tools to get Past the Data I/O Bottleneck.

IN031 Session Description:
In the Earth Sciences, “Big Data” is massive and diverse, containing
multi-dimensional data obtained from a variety of different platforms
and sensors. With a wide range of spectral frequencies, spatial scales,
and temporal spans, these datasets can be challenging to manage and
display. Conventional analysis tools are too slow or fail as the shear
data volume and/or the I/O bandwidth between the processor and the
storage media overwhelms them. This session seeks to expose those tools
and techniques that are attempting to solve this problem.

Deadline to submit is August 3rd (a week from Wednesday) 23:59 EDT.
Please feel free to share this invitation with others.

Please pardon any duplication of this message.

Regards,

Conveners: David Gallaher, Glenn Grant