[ESIP-all] [AGU Session 2016] Call for AGU 2016 Abstracts :Communicating Science Through Data Driven Story Telling

Sudhir Shrestha SShrestha at esri.com
Sun Jul 31 21:49:08 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,
Only 3 days left to submit your AGU abstract (3 August, 2016). Please consider submitting your abstract in our session at the 2016 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on December 12-16, 2016 in San Francisco, California.

"PA011: Communicating Science Through Data Driven Story Telling"

Please submit your abstract here: (Deadline: 3 August,2016) :

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__agu.confex.com_agu_fm16_preliminaryview.cgi_Session14006.html&d=CwIFAg&c=n6-cguzQvX_tUIrZOS_4Og&r=z_UkiNdaPPnn6f_5YCcwk8pcqAmUKyJq-jppGhCSDi8&m=MoCvPsZb_FuRgqypsHWoJKV_ht9ZKxRnb_1LvyZahV8&s=4TgUQ24zzFBCzqezDNhkPW3-p22I4vUHeiKl0-D7zt0&e=

Session Description:

Is the Web disrupting communication or just making it more effective? What does our future hold as the Web continues to evolve? How are authors migrating from the static print world of manuscripts, figures, and images into the dynamic world of rich, interactive content? What are some of the best practices being implemented, and how do these approaches facilitate greater engagement, from peers and society at large?

Data driven story telling is changing the way we communicate and share science. In this session, we are seeking papers describing new ways of telling stories that are supported by rich digital and geospatial content. Topics of interest include but not limited to:

  *   Best practices for creating and sharing geospatially enabled stories
  *   Use cases and story of effective data driven science communication
  *   Use cases of data driven applications that supports story telling

Looking forward to working with you all and please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Charles Hobart Perry, USDA Forest Service, Vallejo, CA, United States
Sudhir R Shrestha, ESRI, Redlands, CA, United States Dawn J Wright, ESRI, Redlands, CA, United States