[ESIP-all] ESIP Usability Cluster - First Meeting, 9/7, 1pm ET

Sophie Hou hou at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 15 12:16:36 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

The newly re-initiated ESIP Usability Cluster would like to invite you to
join us to  discuss the applicability of using User Interface (UI)/User
Experience (UX) principles and techniques in evaluating and enhancing the
services offered by data archives/repositories.

In particular, if you are interested in reviewing usability principles and
common usability evaluation techniques as well as the different areas in
which these principles and techniques could be applied in a data
archive/repository setting; we would like your help!

Additionally, the cluster will be collecting and annotating usability
resources, so if you have any ideas/suggestions, we would love to hear from
you.

Ultimately, the cluster aims to demonstrate through practical examples that
UI/UX analysis and design need not be burdensome in order to yield
immediate results and that these experiences could be shared with the
greater community to enhance user interactions with the data
archives/repositories as a whole.

We will be meeting on the first Wednesday of each month at 1:00pm Eastern,
and our first meeting will be on September 7th.  Please visit our wiki page
(http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Usability) for information about how to
join the meeting and to view the first meeting agenda. If you would like to
sign up for the Cluster's listserv, please follow this link:

Thank you very much, and we look forward to meeting and working with you.

Best regards,
ESIP Usability Cluster