[ESIP-all] Dr. M Lee Allison Passed Away on August 16, 2016

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Wed Aug 17 23:25:13 EDT 2016

Hi All -

It is with a very sad heart that I share news many of you have already
heard. Lee Allison, the Arizona State Geologist and director of the AZ
Geologic Survey, passed away earlier this week, on Tuesday, August 16.

I am grateful to Lee for moving the field of Earth science informatics
forward by championing the collaborative, community process. He had been an
active member of the ESIP community and his presence will be missed in our
community and many others that he touched.

Details are below on a suggested memorial fund and any condolence notes can
be sent to the AZGS.

Best -
Erin

Executive Director