[ESIP-all] DataONE Summer Internship Program

Amber Budden aebudden at dataone.unm.edu
Tue Mar 7 11:19:27 EST 2017

All,

Please be reminded our application period for the DataONE Summer Internship Program is still open. We have six different project opportunities ranging from search log analysis, provenance queries, semantic annotation, marketing and more.  Applications are being accepted until March 17th 2017. Project opportunities are:
Project 1: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts
Project 2: DataONE Messaging: Creating Marketing for DataONE Stakeholder Communities
Project 3: Prospective and Retrospective Provenance Queries Using YesWorkflow, RDF, and SPARQL
Project 4: Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery
Project 5: Improving DataONE’s Search Capabilities Through Controlled Vocabularies
Project 6: Development of an Open Source Units of Measure Knowledge Graph
The DataONE Summer Internship Program runs from May through July for a period of 9 weeks and is open to undergraduate students, graduate students, and postgraduates who have received their degree within the past five years. The internship project can be conducted remotely and offers a stipend of $5000.

For full information and to apply, visit https://www.dataone.org/internships <https://www.dataone.org/internships>.  You will also find a link to other internship opportunities offered by DataONE leadership and partners.

We would be grateful if you could also circulate this opportunity in your communities.
Best,
Amber

Amber E Budden, PhD
Director for Community Engagement and Outreach
DataONE
University of New Mexico
1312 Basehart SE
Albuquerque NM 87106