[ESIP-all] Request for info on "Trusted Data" concepts

Moroni, David F (398G) David.F.Moroni at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 12 18:00:07 EDT 2017

To those interested,

These topics seem to also fit well with a session that has been proposed for the 2017 Fall AGU meeting, entitled “Quality and Trustworthiness of Earth Science Data”.

This session is being convened as a collaboration between the ESIP Information Quality Cluster (IQC) and the NASA Data Quality Working Group (DQWG).

The conveners are looking for authors to include as invited speakers, so please let me know your recommendations. Perhaps someone representing the “Trusted Data Concepts” from TDWI and the “Data Seal of Approval” from the World Data System would be good candidates.

More details on this session can be found here: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session26458

There is a separate Fall AGU session on “Trustworthy Data Repositories to Increase the Visibility and Value of Your Research Data”, with the focus primarily on the “repositories”, where the previous session I mentioned has a primary focus on the data. Perhaps this latter session would be a more ideal fit toward the concepts put forth by Bob Downs. Here is the link for more info on this latter session: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session25933

Cheers,
David