[ESIP-all] Advancing netCDF-CF workshop: 6-8 Sept 2017 in Boulder, CO USA

Ethan Davis edavis at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 27 17:43:29 EDT 2017

Hi all,

As many of you know, we are holding an "Advancing netCDF-CF" workshop [1]
on 6-8 September 2017 at UCAR in Boulder, CO USA. This workshop will focus
on efforts to advance the Climate and Forecast (CF) metadata conventions
for netCDF (netCDF-CF). The meeting is being hosted by the EarthCube
“Advancing netCDF-CF for Geoscience” project, which is funded by the US
National Science Foundation's EarthCube program.

The main focus will be on recent and ongoing efforts to advance netCDF-CF.
There will be time devoted to several current proposals: satellite swath
data, group hierarchies, and geometries (e.g., polylines and polygons).
There will also be sessions on more general CF topics including the
recently proposed CF Data Model, ongoing work looking at how to use
features of the netCDF enhanced data model (string vs char, VLen, etc.),
and possible change to the latitude/longitude requirement. A detailed
schedule [2] will be available shortly.

Hotel and other travel information is available on the web site [3]. If you
plan to attend, please register for the workshop [4]. (There is no
registration fee, but we do need to know who will be attending and want to
ensure that everyone attending gets all the relevant workshop details.)

Thanks,

The Workshop Organizing Team

[1] http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/events/2017CFWorkshop/#home

[2] http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/events/2017CFWorkshop/#schedule