[ESIP-all] LAST CALL for AGU abstracts: Enabling Cloud Applications for Earth Science Data

Jeff de La Beaujardiere - NOAA jeff.delabeaujardiere at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 31 09:21:54 EDT 2017

AGU abstract submissions are due August 2; early submissions encouraged
because the system bogs down as the deadline approaches. We encourage
submissions to our session on "Enabling Cloud Applications for Earth
Science Data" at the AGU meeting December 11-15 in New Orleans. More
information is below. Feel free to contact me with questions.

Description & Submission page for this session: https://agu.confex.com/
agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session21938
Instructions to submitters:
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2017/abstract-submissions/
NOTE: 1st author must be an AGU member ($50).

Regards,
Jeff DLB

------------------------------------

Session title: Enabling Cloud Applications for Earth Science Data

Conveners: Jeff de La Beaujardière (NOAA), Emily Law (JPL), Mike Little
(NASA), Steve Aulenbach (USGS).

The ongoing body of Earth observations and model outputs comprises highly
diverse datasets that span orders of magnitude in files sizes as well as in
spatial and temporal extent and resolution. Assembling and computing on
multiple sources and types of these data is therefore difficult, yet is
increasingly necessary for understanding changing environmental conditions
and supporting decisions.

This session seeks papers on the technical challenges and applied use of
Cloud computing for Earth science modeling, simulation, reprocessing,
intercomparison, analysis, product generation, and decision support.
Submissions are welcomed on topics such as efficiently transferring,
synchronizing, and validating data in the Cloud; approaches for discovery,
organization, integration, or semantic linking of datasets in the Cloud;
management of cloud instances; case studies demonstrating the benefit (or
not) of Cloud computing; successful applications of Cloud computing to
support decision-making; and other relevant subjects.

Jeff de La Beaujardiere, PhD
NOAA Data Management Architect
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1001-9210