[ESIP-all] Request for evaluation of ESIP Testbed Project

Eric Sproles eric.sproles at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 13:37:45 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues and Friends:

My name is Eric Sproles from Oregon State University’s College of Earth,
Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences. I'm writing you to request your evaluation
of new web-based tools that we are developing for water resource and data
science professionals. They calculate basin-wide snow cover in just a few
minutes. We also use these calculations to forecast streamflow. Specific
details about this project and the research are provided at the bottom of
this email.

You were selected as a possible participant in this study because you are
involved with water resources in your job. I obtained your contact
information from your organizations website.

So what exactly are we asking from you? We simply want your honest
feedback, and no more than 20-minutes of your time. We know your time is
limited but your expertise is valuable, and we would appreciate your
contribution.

Our tool is completely web-based, and there is nothing to download.
Everything happens in the cloud. The tool is a prototype, and your insights
and experience will help use develop better tools in the next phase of this
project. Your evaluation and comments are completely anonymous, so please
be candid.

We provide a brief description of the project on our website and briefly
describe how the snow calculations and forecast model work. If you are
willing to participate, great. Please click or enter either link (they go
to the same place) to start your evaluation.

http://tiny.cc/snowEv

or

https://oregonstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e9jwHiTl9Ttf1yt

Again, we understand your time is valuable, but we want to develop tools
that work for you. If you are not able to participate, we understand.

If you have any further questions you can email me at
sprolese at oregonstate.edu or call me at 208.578.4916 <(208)%20578-4916>.

Thank you in advance for your time.  We look forward to reading your
comments (for better or worse!)

Best Regards,

Eric A. Sproles and Anne W. Nolin

Project details:

*Title:* Cloud-based computing for predicting streamflow in snowmelt
dominated watersheds

*Investigators: *Dr. Anne Nolin (PI) and Dr. Eric Sproles (Co-I) from the
College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences at Oregon State University