[ESIP-all] 2018 Geosemantics Symposium

Beth Huffer beth at lingualogica.net
Tue Oct 31 15:33:30 EDT 2017

The ESIP Semantic Technology Committee is please to invite you to the
2018 Geosemantics Symposium
<https://esipfed.github.io/stc/symposium/2018/symposium.html>, to be
held in conjunction with the 2018 ESIP Winter Meeting
<http://www.esipfed.org/meetings/upcoming-meetings/esip-winter-meeting-2018>.
The Geosemantics Symposium will be held on January 8, 2018 from 8:30am
to 5:00pm at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in
Bethesda Maryland. The theme for this year's Symposium is "Practical
Applications of Ontologies and Semantic Technologies". The morning
session will feature presentations on real life applications that
leverage semantics to make data and information FAIR (Findable,
Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable). The afternoon session will
feature hands-on workshops and tutorials on how to implement and use
semantic tools and techniques, and how to work with ontologies to
achieve FAIR objectives. The agenda
<https://esipfed.github.io/stc/symposium/2018/symposium_schedule.html>
is still under development, but you can track it as it develops here
<https://esipfed.github.io/stc/symposium/2018/symposium_schedule.html>.

The symposium is free and open to all. However, due to space
considerations, attendance will be limited. We therefore request that
you add your name to our Attendee List
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attendee_List_2018> as soon as
possible. Registration will be closed when we reach 50 attendees.

If you're traveling from out of town, you can use this link
<https://aws.passkey.com/event/49401476/owner/2644099/home> to book a
room at the Marriott.

We look forward to seeing you at the Geosemantics Symposium!

Beth Huffer, Chair
ESIP Semantic Technology Committee