[ESIP-all] 2018 AGU Fall meeting (SA018)

Aramesh Seif arameshseif at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 01:38:07 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract to (SA018) session
titled "*Recent Advances in the Study of Ionospheric Irregularities Using
Ground-and Space-Based Measurements*" that will be held at the 2018 AGU
Fall Meeting in Washington D.C., 10-14 December.

Please note that the deadline for abstract submission is on *1 August 2018*,
11:59 P.M. EDT.

Here is the link to abstract submission:

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2018/abstract-submissions/

Please see the detail information of the session below.

-----------------------------

Full Session Description:

-----------------------------

*Session ID#: *48595

*Session Title: * Recent Advances in the Study of Ionospheric
Irregularities Using Ground-and Space-Based Measurements

Session Description:

The onset and evolution of ionospheric irregularities continues to be an
unsolved scientific problem. The characteristics and physical driving
mechanisms of ionospheric irregularities are significantly different in
high-mid and-low-latitude regions, presenting challenges for understanding
the relevant processes. Understanding, modeling and predicting
regional-and-global characteristics and onset of ionospheric irregularities
requires a combination of systems-level approaches with extensive
utilization of our growing and increasingly accessible observational tools.
Combining ground-and space-based measurements provides a unique opportunity
to retrieve complementary information about structure and dynamics of
ionospheric irregularities. This session will be a forum for recent
advances in our understanding of the physics behind the distribution of
plasma-irregularities, and the source mechanisms and physical processes
leading to the (regional-and-global) formation and evolution of
irregularities. We encourage submissions that develop new integrative
approaches for monitoring, modelling, and forecasting this important form
of ionospheric space weather. We solicit presentations using observations,
modelling, data-model comparisons, retrieval methods and forecasting.

Primary Convener:  *Aramesh Seif*, University of New Brunswick,
Fredericton, NB, Canada

Conveners:  *Periyadan T. Jayachandran*, University of New Brunswick,
Fredericton, NB, Canada and *Anthony J. Mannucci*, NASA, Pasadena, CA,
United States

-----------------------------

Thank you for your attention,

We are looking forward to your participation and to discussion your
fantastic work in Washington D.C.

Kind regards,

Aramesh Seif

Also on behalf of Prof. Periyadan T. Jayachandran and Dr. Anthony J.
Mannucci

--

Aramesh Seif, Ph.D

Postdoctoral Research Fellow